Apache ant installation for selenium webdriver
First of all we need to set Environmental Variables for Java:
1. Download both Java jdk1.8.0_121and Java jre1.8.0_12.
2. We need to set JAVA_HOME and PATH in your environment variables. Make sure that the directory of your Java does not contain the space.
3. Right click on your System drive and select Properties. Select environment variables.
To record your first script in JMeter you need to follow a procedure. Here are the steps.
4.. Copy Java jdk path and click “New” under ”User Variables..”. Paste your path here as:
5. Copy Java jre path and click “New” under ”User Variables..”
Paste your path here as:
6. Copy jdk and jre bin folder path and paste it under User Variable>>New popup separated by semicolons(;):
Save it. Your java part is completed.
Ant Installation and configuration:
Visit Apache Ant official website, download the Ant binary zip file, for example : apache-ant-
1. 9.4-bin.zip, unzip it to the folder you want to store Apache Ant.
2. Extract to a desired installation directory, e.g. C:\apache-ant
3. Create an ANT_HOME environment variable under “System Variables”.
Open System Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables
Create a new system variable as:
7. Update PATH variable created above (point 6), append %ANT_HOME%\bin at the end, so that you can run the Ant’s command everywhere.
To check if it is installed successfully, please write following in CMD:
Apache Ant(TM) version 1.9.4 compiled on April 29 2014
Ant installation part completed now.